Form 12 & SSIA Interest

Jimmy Bond

Do I need to declare interest from my SSIA account using Form 12?

When should I do this....is it during the tax year of maturity of the SSIA account?

April 2007 is the date it is due ...any help?

As far as I know deposit interest should be declared but note that you have no further liability above the 20% DIRT or 23% SSIA maturity tax. In some cases PRSI may be due but I think you have to be earning something like €3K+ interest in any one year.

Does SSIA fall under the normal headings of "deposit interest" or "Special Savings Accounts"?

I did not think that it was normally filed in a tax return and Revenue was notified via this SSIA4 form that has to be completed on maturity. Any ideas here as I am confused on this issue?

Does SSIA fall under the normal headings of "deposit interest" or "Special Savings Accounts"?

I did not think that it was normally filed in a tax return and Revenue was notified via this SSIA4 form that has to be completed on maturity. Any ideas here as I am confused on this issue?

"Special Savings".

However, having spoken to Revenue this morning, the very nice girl I spoke to said the key thing was to have the P60 details in (total income, total tax), and any other source of taxable income - in my case, rent account - but they're less worried about SSIA or ordinary deposit accounts since they're basically taxed at source.

Back