Form 12 on Revenue myAccount showing the same employment twice

MysticX

Hi,

I'm attempting to fill out a Form 12 online via Revenue myAccount for year 2016.

In 2016 I was working initially for Company A which was acquired by Company B.
So basically I had two employments for the entire year.

The online Form 12 is automatically showing three employments as follows:
(1) Company A
(2) Company B
(3) Company A *Company A again with erroneous +1 cent income, but otherwise identical*

Figure wise my P60 for 2016 corresponds perfectly to (1) + (2) in everything e.g. Income, USC, etc for 2016. Thus (3) seems to be listed in error it seems.

Listing an employment twice seems like a major blunder that I can't imagine an organisation like Revenue making so am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm attempting to fill out a Form 12 online via Revenue myAccount for year 2016.

In 2016 I was working initially for Company A which was acquired by Company B.
So basically I had two employments for the entire year.

The online Form 12 is automatically showing three employments as follows:
(1) Company A
(2) Company B
(3) Company A *Company A again with erroneous +1 cent income, but otherwise identical*

Figure wise my P60 for 2016 corresponds perfectly to (1) + (2) in everything e.g. Income, USC, etc for 2016. Thus (3) seems to be listed in error it seems.

Listing an employment twice seems like a major blunder that I can't imagine an organisation like Revenue making so am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

It's not a blunder, although the pre-populated data may or may not be correct. It's presented for reference only, and its your responsibility to correct any errors therein before you file your return.

How many employable weeks/months/pay periods are shown in total?

This particular page of the Form 12 is page 3 "PAYE income".

It lists each employment with the following columns:
-Employer
-Employer's Tax Reg No
-Gross Income
-Tax Deducted
-Income for USC
-USC deducted
-Relationship

It doesn't give a breakdown of the weeks/months/pay periods.

Back