Form 11

I'm just a charmer.

Seriously though, they aren't the ogres they're painted to be.

Stop Press: Just talked to the Revenue Online Help Desk. They informed me that there is indeed a problem with the online Form 11. An option to select 'Married but Separated' has to be added to allow Maintenance Payments to be registered - the fix is coming in April.

Very unusual that they cancelled the surcharge. The onus is on the taxpayer to ensure that the return is submitted on time regardless of who is acting on their behalf.

If there was a tax refund or no tax payable (Before preliminary tax) then there is no surcharge as this is calculated as a percentage of tax due. They might not have cancelled the surcharge, maybe it didn't apply.

Revenue can be willing to cancel surcharges if there are extenuating circumstances. Their willingness to do so varies among district offices and sometimes within them.

If there was a tax refund or no tax payable (Before preliminary tax) then there is no surcharge as this is calculated as a percentage of tax due. They might not have cancelled the surcharge, maybe it didn't apply.

Correct. But my reply was to a post which clearly stated that the revenue cancelled a surcharge. If there was no surcharge because of the reasons you outlined, then there would be nothing to cancel!

Revenue can be willing to cancel surcharges if there are extenuating circumstances. Their willingness to do so varies among district offices and sometimes within them.

Yes, I know that revenue can cancel surcharges in exceptional cases, but it is very unusual. I would deal with Dundalk district, and am having trouble remembering any case where they cancelled a surcharge.

Yes, I know that revenue can cancel surcharges in exceptional cases, but it is very unusual. I would deal with Dundalk district, and am having trouble remembering any case where they cancelled a surcharge.

Oddly enough, I find Dundalk district generally quite reasonable in this regard - when there are genuinely extenuating circumstances.

Oddly enough, I find Dundalk district generally quite reasonable in this regard - when there are genuinely extenuating circumstances.

Maybe I have given out to them too much, and they say, not him again - no way are we going to accomodate him!!! :D

Mind if I borrow this thread?

My sister works in a regular PAYE job with no other income from any source. I'm a contractor with my own company. My sister is my silent co-director who has no benefit, income or shares from the company.

She has been sent a Form 11. Does she have to fill it in?

D8L

Mind if I borrow this thread?

My sister works in a regular PAYE job with no other income from any source. I'm a contractor with my own company. My sister is my silent co-director who has no benefit, income or shares from the company.

She has been sent a Form 11. Does she have to fill it in?

D8L

Yes, she must fill it in. All company directors are obliged to complete a Form 11 each year. The surcharges mentioned earlier, are even more severe for a company director.

Yes, she must fill it in. All company directors are obliged to complete a Form 11 each year. The surcharges mentioned earlier, are even more severe for a company director.

Cheers for the heads up on that - I must check to see if my Dad got a Form 11 too I'm in the same boat as D8Lady

Mik

i recieved a form 11 in the post today??? i am employed on paye and also drive a taxi part time occassionally. WHAT DO I DO???

i recieved a form 11 in the post today??? i am employed on paye and also drive a taxi part time occassionally. WHAT DO I DO???

I think there is a taximen's union of some sort that will guide you on this if you become a member. May be very useful in relation to the allowances you can claim.

I received myself a form 11! I'm employed on paye and last year applied for a tax clearance cert to become a taxi driver, however I did pass the exam for the driver licence only this year and still not applied for the taxi licence ( trying to get together the money for the licence, insurance ..) so I don't have a second income for 07.
What should I do regarding form 11?

Back