Form 11: tax status after emigration

jrewing

Hi,
I was PAYE in Ireland, but have to complete a Form 11 for 2010 due to previous additional income.

I moved to Germany in March 2010, meaning I only had 2 months income in Ireland for the last tax year. I have some questions regarding how to put this information in my Form 11:

1. Do I tick the non-resident box for 2010 seeing as I was out of the country for 10 months ?

2. Do I need to put in details of my German employment income from March-Dec 2010 ? (Can't see it would be relevant to the calculation).

3. The online form already has my Irish PAYE employment info included including tax and USC paid etc. Then some questions further on ask for information on the amount of tax and USC paid etc. Do I need to put this information in again, or is this meant to deal with other income not listed?

Thanks, JR

Further to this question, after reading the Pay and File Guide, it seems that I was "resident" in Ireland for 2010 (>280 days in 2009 and 2010). If I read this correctly it means I have to pay Irish tax on my German income (less the German tax I already paid). Is this correct ?

Back