FORM-11 Joint Assessment

skjom24

So i registered for ROS as i had some very small income that i needed to declare. And stupidly forgot to fill out the form 11 for 2022 which has led to an enforcement letter .

The very first page confused me. it asks is it a seperate or joint assessment , im a PAYE worker and my wife is a PAYE worker.
she has no additional income to declare so do i just select seperate assessment here ?

How have you been assessed here to fore? When/if you got balancing statements etc? I personally find joint assessment with a nominated spouse doing the filing easier for me. You can decide yourselves what way you choose to do your yearly balancing up. Open to correction but thats my take on it.

So i registered for ROS as i had some very small income that i needed to declare. And stupidly forgot to fill out the form 11 for 2022 which has led to an enforcement letter .

The very first page confused me. it asks is it a seperate or joint assessment , im a PAYE worker and my wife is a PAYE worker.
she has no additional income to declare so do i just select seperate assessment here ?
Why are you registered for self-assessment in the first instance?

Why are you registered for self-assessment in the first instance?
Probably because he/she was instructed to do so by Revenue (as per the enforrcement letter), and/or they have non-PAYE income (dividends for example) exceeding €5000...??

Probably because he/she was instructed to do so by Revenue (as per the enforrcement letter), and/or they have non-PAYE income (dividends for example) exceeding €5000...??
Why do you say probably?

Read what they said. The enforcement letter didn't precede the ROS registration.

Back