Form 11 for 2022 not available for ROS offline?

Groucho

I recently downloaded my populated Form 11 for 2022 from ROS. However I'm unable to open it on ROS Offline - I think that this may be because the 2022 version of Form 11 doesn't appear to be available for download to ROS Offline. Am I correct about this, or have I missed something?

Also, my version of ROS Offline is 8.1 but I have no idea whether this is the latest version, although it worked for my 2021 tax return. Can anyone advise if there's an easy way to check the latest version number, because I can't find it on the ROS website?

Thanks.

This session will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity. Please move to another panel or validate the return before the counter gets to zero.
29:49 minutes left.
Already looks inferior to the existing online preparation facility within ROS.

Is the offline application not going to be getting updated Form 11s anymore?

To answer my one question, no it is not, and other forms will be moving to the "offline" web application as well.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-38/38-06-01b.pdf said:
A new Return Preparation Facility (RPF) has been developed to replace the ROS Offline application.
The ROS Offline application will continue to be available until the RPF is established. Forms will be migrated to the RPF on a phased basis

Rather like Groucho, I'm waiting for Revenue to explain why I can't open my pre-populated Form 11 for 2022 using either ROS Offline (discontinued for the 2022 Form 11) or their new offline Return Preparation Facility.

It's completely ridiculous that Revenue are offering taxpayers a pre-populated Form 11 for 2022 when it appears that there's no facility available that enables customers to open them! I think that I'll ask one of the more intelligent opposition TDs to table a PQ to the Minister for Finance about it.

Rather like Groucho, I'm waiting for Revenue to explain why I can't open my pre-populated Form 11 for 2022 using either ROS Offline (discontinued for the 2022 Form 11) or their new offline Return Preparation Facility.

It's completely ridiculous that Revenue are offering taxpayers a pre-populated Form 11 for 2022 when it appears that there's no facility available that enables customers to open them!

Your pre-populated Form 11 will be accessible there.

Your pre-populated Form 11 will be accessible there.

Thanks, but can I partially complete it and save it offline or must I complete and submit it in one go?

Thanks, but can I partially complete it and save it offline or must I complete and submit it in one go?
You can partially complete it, leave it there, amend it as many times as you like and then finally submit it at a time of your own choosing. You don't even have to save your work as you go along. Once you exit a page, your work will automatically be there next time.

The Return Preparation Facility also lets you upload the prepopulated form, edit things, save the file, then resume later on like the offline app used to. Although the 30 minute timeout is fairly annoying.

The Return Preparation Facility also lets you upload the prepopulated form, edit things, save the file, then resume later on like the offline app used to.

Yes, that's what it says on the tin, but it isn't working for me! I've tried on numerous occasions.

And so far the lads and lassies at ROS help haven't lived up to their name, perhaps they should re-launch as ROS helpless! Maybe I'll try the online solution suggested above.

Last edited:
Worth noting that whenever I re-open a work-in-progress Form 11 it always makes me re-do the first page and save it again before it will allow me view/edit the rest of the form. But it does at least persist everything in the rest of the form ok.

On the offline (RPF) form 1 firms I cant seem to get a readable printable copy. Any tips?

Back