Form 11 Error and Resubmission

diggerdigger

I have discovered that I made an error on my Form 11 in 2017 and I wish to resubmit. Unfortunately, ROS will not allow me to create a 2017 Form 11 again. This error caused errors in 2018 and 2019 also which will need to be resubmitted.

I have submitted an enquiry to Revenue, but I have not gotten an answer.

Does anyone know why I cannot resubmit these years? There seems to be no problem resubmitting older form 11s.

I believe you can only to back 4 years.
in 2022 that's 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018.
So 2017 is probably excluded now.
But revenue should allow 2018 and 2019 to be resubmitted.

I have discovered that I made an error on my Form 11 in 2017 and I wish to resubmit. Unfortunately, ROS will not allow me to create a 2017 Form 11 again. This error caused errors in 2018 and 2019 also which will need to be resubmitted.

I have submitted an enquiry to Revenue, but I have not gotten an answer.

Does anyone know why I cannot resubmit these years? There seems to be no problem resubmitting older form 11s.
Is the difference material? If not, best forget about it. Maybe make a minor adjustment to compensate in your next return.

If yes, send Revenue a note on MyEnquiries.

Is the difference material? If not, best forget about it. Maybe make a minor adjustment to compensate in your next return.

If yes, send Revenue a note on MyEnquiries.
Yes, the difference is material. Basically a capital gain in a partnership was misclassed as income. 2017 in favour of revenue, and 2018 and 2019 significantly in favour of me. It was discovered this year before submission and I can adjust 2020 ok.

Yes, the difference is material. Basically a capital gain in a partnership was misclassed as income. 2017 in favour of revenue, and 2018 and 2019 significantly in favour of me. It was discovered this year before submission and I can adjust 2020 ok.
You'll need to think this through very carefully before taking any action, as the four-year rule means you are fully liable for any underpayment in 2018 & 2019 while you have no recourse to any refund, credit or offset of overpaid tax in 2017. It's an absolute disgrace that this the case but the law in this area is an ass. Consider obtaining professional advice.

Last edited:
Back