Form 11 - Delayed trying to get eworking expenses to take

SCA911

Had hit a wall trying to get some expenses to take on Form 11 and resulted in trying to make payment not seeing it was one minute past midnight and now the card payment won't go through as the dates is staying at 15/11/23. Completely my own fault but is there anything I can do? Panicing here!

The irony is that the eworking expenses are so puny that they're barely worth claiming and are actually more of a nuisance than anything.

You'll be ok. If you're surcharged, ring Revenue to get it removed. Otherwise, leave well enough alone and pay it asap.

Thanks for responses. Was having a meltdown last night as I was almost finished payment when it went past midnight and the whole thing stalled. Got it through eventually and called them today to explain and, while not exactly saying "tis grand" :) , they seemed ok about it.

Ok if you're happy to retain all relevant domestic bills for 6 years.
I wouldn't have thought that was the problematic part, since even the stickiest Inspector would be unlikely to get into a major dispute about whether or not a person had used electricity, heat or internet (as long as the cost is reasonable) even in the absence of all the bills - the more problematic bit would be verifying the proportion of one's days spent working from home...

I wouldn't have thought that was the problematic part, since even the stickiest Inspector would be unlikely to get into a major dispute about whether or not a person had used electricity, heat or internet (as long as the cost is reasonable) even in the absence of all the bills - the more problematic bit would be verifying the proportion of one's days spent working from home...
Agreed, it's a lot of bother for relatively small money.

my bills are all online, it's just a matter of making sure I download them if I change supplier.
as for tracking the days, I have the days I'm in the office marked in my calendar, though TBH I'd be amazed if Revenue are likely to be spending much time on this if you're claiming what seems a reasonable amount.

It took me 10 mins to work out the figure. 10 minutes work for a couple of hundred euro, worth it for me, maybe not for you.

Back