Form 11 and CGT

suicra05

I am a CGTax newbie and I am not sure where to put the Capital gains on the Form 11 online.
I have a EIIS fund and one of the investment paid out early. There was a capital gain of 4000 paid to me two months ago.
Would anybody know the following:
Where do I put the capital gain on the form 11 online?
Do I pay the 4000 euro minus the 1270 exemption = 2720 to the Revenue. Or do I pay the amount 2720 @ 33% = 900 to the revenue.
Also I have some small losses from shares this year , can the losses be deducted from the amount paid to revenue? If so where do I put amount on the form 11 online?
Any help is appreciated, I normally have my accountant but he is unavailable due to sickness.
I have to pay Revenue tax bill later today.

There's a section income pages 2,3 4 I think its in there.
Have you deducted all costs associated with the sale? There might not be any as its an employee scheme.
You figures look right ie (4000 -1270 )*33% = € 900 thats your liability

Have you been given any advice on the effect of the early payout on your initial income tax relief? It's likely / possible you also have an income tax liability, which you'll need to figure out.

Yes, could be an issue on the initial 30% tax relief, Revenue may seek to reclaim this tax relief. You could see if the Issuer of the EIIS shares is prepared to meet this liability of behalf of EIIS investors if the Revenue come looking for that initial 30% relief.

There could also be an issue on the gain of EUR4k. I've been told that if the EIIS shares are held by an investor for less than 5 years, then the gain is subject to income tax rather than CGT, but maybe somebody could clarify this.

You can also offset the commission paid (if any) to the firm that helped the Issuer raise money via EIIS, this wold typically be 3% to 3.5%, against the gain and also subtract the EUR 1270 - the annual CGT exemption .

Back