Foreign non eu vat

Autofill

I have started to import some goods from the US and they are using fed-ex. I receive an invoice from fed-ex and pay customs duty and vat on the goods to them. I am registered for vat and income tax here. Is is possible to reclaim the duty or the vat. If so, how.

If the goods imported are for use by your business, then the VAT can be included in your VAT return

As far as I know, the Customs Duty is not re-claimable but obviously is a valid business expenses when calculating your profit or loss

If the goods imported are for use by your business, then the VAT can be included in your VAT return

As far as I know, the Customs Duty is not re-claimable but obviously is a valid business expenses when calculating your profit or loss
Thank you.
So just put it on T2 and goods imported from non eu countries?
No value of goods given on fed-ex invoice but the vat does seem less that 23% of the value of goods. Is this how Uk vat works now too. ?

You said from the US so always from non-EU. How can you tell the VAT rate , if you do not know the value declared for customs duty and the category of the goods

Now you are talking about UK, you will have to check with Revenue on UK treatment - there may be temporary rules. Lots of info on Brexit changes on their web site

You said from the US so always from non-EU. How can you tell the VAT rate , if you do not know the value declared for customs duty and the category of the goods

Now you are talking about UK, you will have to check with Revenue on UK treatment - there may be temporary rules. Lots of info on Brexit changes on their web site
No sorry I’m talking about US, forget the Uk bit. I have invoice from supplier in US.

Back