ford ka/fiesta/focus or opel corsa

blueshoes

hi i am thinking about buying one of these cars next year was just wondering what people think of them. and what are they like inside and what features have they got, which would be most reliable o and the cheapest of course

You will have a tough time trying to decide what car to buy if you do not first narrow it down to a size of car. You need to determine price you can pay, space (family or just one/two person), economy required etc. etc. then you will have a better idea of what you need to be looking at.

IMHO........

Ford Ka - City car, very small, fine if you will be mostly doing town driving. Fairly good car but showing its age at this stage. Probably due for replacement in the next year or so. Cheapest of the lot here and least features.

Fiesta - supermini, bigger than Ka and an excellent car by all accounts. 1.4 diesel is meant to be v good. Along with the Yaris it is arguably the best of the superminis. same price ballpark as the corsa, similiar amount of features.

Corsa - supermini, not as good as the fiesta. Personally do not think much of corsas from past experiences. There are better superminis out there so no reason to buy a corsa. (much the same features as fiesta)

Focus - small family size, Way bigger than the Ka, if you need the space of the focus then the others are likely to be non runners. Excellent car and probably the best in its class. Both the new shape and previous generation focus are good buys. Most expensive of your choices and most features. Last generation focus was extremely reliabel so new one probably will be also.

I had both a fiesta and a ka and I much preferred the ka. Although that was probably because I had an old (94) fiesta that didn't even have power steering! The ka was great for city driving, parking etc but also fared well on long journeys - at the time I had it I was doing between 500 and 800 miles per week with work.

Check out www.honestjohn.co.uk - car by car breakdown on the left hand side of the page. Better still, take all cars for a test drive and see which you prefer.

None of the above, although if these were my only choice, I would pick Focus. My wife drove a Toyota Yaris & loved it. Very practical, economical and Reliable. Unfortunately, we had to sell it due to additional kids, although it handled 3 kids No Problem. You cannot go wrong with a Toyota. Look at JD Power Reliabity Reports or Customer Satisfaction ratings. Toyota dominates the top cars. Good Luck

Ka has a 1.3 litre pushrod engine (an ancient design). Good fun to drive, and quite capable on both city and country journeys.

Fiesta. Excellent little cars. The 1.25 16v engine is the best choice. Sweet and lively.

Corsa. Don't do it.

Yaris. Reliable, but very expensive, and made of coke tins.

tanx guys well i already had a 97 ford ka and i loved it to bits, i now have a fiesta and i also like it to but i dont really like the shape of the newer ones, i dont really need space of a focus just like the look of them. and from wot everyone says i wont be buying a corsa. i think im gona go with ford ka i wonder when r they gonna make a new model? i seen a lovely o4 black one the other day it was done up to the last

Back