Ford Focus 2008, 6000CD

Z

zroytman

Hello!
I have 6000CD radio-cd player in focus 2008.
Several questions:
1. How can i know the serial number of my 6000CD?
2. What is the added value of the key code? Does it open additional menus/options?
3. Does this player have a bluetooth connection to mobile phone? If yes, how can i activate it? There is no bluetooth entry in the menus.
4. Where can i find/download the manual for this player?
Thanks a lot.

Confusing post. How can you have a Focus 2008?

1/. See audio guide in owners pack.
2/. ?
3/. Some models do and others don't.
4/. Provided by dealer.

Confusing post. How can you have a Focus 2008?

1/. See audio guide in owners pack.
2/. ?
3/. Some models do and others don't.
4/. Provided by dealer.
Yeap, i have 2008 model, yesterday i've got it.
1. That's a leasing car (from my workplace), so i have no audio guide...
2. The key code - what is it? Why do i need it? What can i do with it?
3. How can i know which model do i have? Ford 6000CD - that's what written on the player.
4. The answer is in 1...

Do you work for Doc Brown then?!

He should've given you an 08 Delorean then not a Focus!

:)

Can you tell us where you got it? Impressive time warp skills, whoever the dealer is!

Maybe zroytman was in [broken link removed] last month and took a test drive?

Leasing co. should have owners books.

What model is it? Bluetooth is only available as an extra on some models. There is a button above the remote audio controls (left hand stalk) which activates it.

Bluetooth and voice control and other goodies are all in the "connection" pack.

Leasing co. should have owners books.

What model is it? Bluetooth is only available as an extra on some models. There is a button above the remote audio controls (left hand stalk) which activates it.

Bluetooth and voice control and other goodies are all in the "connection" pack.
It's a very simple model (i can check in the car's papers), and if the BT is an extra, i'm sure i don't have it :(
Thanks.

3. Does this player have a bluetooth connection to mobile phone? If yes, how can i activate it? There is no bluetooth entry in the menus.

The bluetooth was a separate much smaller manual.

To find out if you have bluetooth, just switch on the bluetooth on your mobile, and do a manual search for connections within range, again from your mobile.
The car's bluetooth is always on when the car is started, so if you have it your mobile will pick it up.

It's very possible, my old Volvo was '98 registered but a '99 model. Most car manufacturers release their new model year three quarters through the year.

There are pictures of the new model on the Ford website but no details on release date or price or spec yet. I spoke to a Ford dealer recently and he tried to point me towards a "Style" variant of the current model which he said was the "new" Focus.

Nice try....

Hi, The new redesigned, interior and exterior, Ford Focus will be available in the new year. Apparently it is the first car to win Car of the Year both in Europe and North America in the same year (2007)

Lets just leave it at this, it is most likely a 2008 model. Why would the original poster bother lieing about it??

AFAIK, the stereo also has to be switched on.

thats correct for using the Bluetooth, but pairing can happen without it (found out by accident when my wife went to the boot of the car outside the door one day, and my phone paired from the coffee table.)

BTW, ours is a new '07 focus, yet I see a 'newer' model on my way to work every morning. Its a face-lift model, looks kind of like the Mondeo at the front, the rest is identical. Been out for a few months now.

Last edited:
paddyd said:
....BTW, ours is a new '07 focus, yet I see a 'newer' model on my way to work every morning. Its a face-lift model, looks kind of like the Mondeo at the front, the rest is identical. Been out for a few months now.

New model (facelift) is due next year!

New model (facelift) is due next year!

By the looks of it there has been a very, very subtle facelift to tide the Focus range over until the proper one. I've noticed some Foci recently with some very different looking hubcaps and other small details lately.

Back