ford employee discount

paddyodoors

Hi

Anyone know how the Ford employee/family member discount works?

Looking at getting a focus - depending on the discount either the bog standard lx or hopefully the ghia.

I think it is 20% discount, but have heard depending on the model the discount given can be higher.

Also what would be the feeling of the garage to do this with a part exchange also (00 ford KA).

I have used it quite a bit over a few years and it's great.

The amount varies a bit model to model, depending on which dealer incentive is running.

You will not get a good price from the ford dealer for your Ka, as technically it's not a part exchange. You will be buying at the Employees price, not the list price, and effectively you are selling your used car to the garage. If I was you I'd sell the Ka privately.

thats great to hear thanks for that!

I remember going to use it about 3 years ago for the ford puma - but the sales guy was a dick about it - saying it wasn't worth his effort as they make no commision on it.... :-(. Ended up getting a 2 year old renault megane coupe and am glad I did as it was a great car.

Have sold the megane a while now and gonna sell the wifes Ka to get the focus.....had assumed the part ex wouldn't be great- but am also thinking the number of second hand cars around is already high (before the influx of ssia cash) so will be hard to sell privately.

That's true also.

If any Ford salesman takes that attitude it's time to go and visit another one. Why would you care if he made commission on it or not. His boss makes volume rebate irrspective.

I usually buy 1 or 2 new Fords each year, and sell the used ones off privately. It's a bit of hassle but usually worth it.

Back