Forced to fill out a Form 11 every year, PAYE employee

Cilar

Hello,

I have been a regular PAYE employee over the past 10 years since I started to work, I have never been self-employed. I was a "chargeable person" one single year, in 2013, when closing a 5-year term deposit account (I got more than 3174 euro in interests on that particular year - accumulation of 5 years). Since then, I have not been able to access the regular PAYE self services online, including filling out a form 12. I am automatically registered and asked to fill out an entire form 11 every year. My non-PAYE income never go above a few hundreds (mostly US share dividend).

Before I go to revenue, does anyone know whether that sounds normal? ie: if I am a chargeable person one single year, I have to fill out a full form 11 the entire rest of my life, even if all of my income is a PAYE income?

Yes, that happened to me in 2005 and I've been filling in Form 11s ever since. It was years before I even realised why I couldn't register for PAYE Anytime online -- Revenue had marked me as "registered for Income Tax" ... their code for "required to fill out a Form 11". Now, as it happened, it suited me after a while to do things this way, but if it doesn't suit you then apparently you can just phone and ask them to change it.

When dealing with revenue I put everything in writing. A note informing them that you wish to de-register and return to PAYE

Back