Forced retirement on marriage

R

reenbee

I was forced to leave work in civil service on marriage in 1968 and as i had a disabled child in 1975 and cared for him until 1998 i now have no entitlment to any pension as my husband has a civil service pension

Is there a question in this post or is it a rant that should be in Letting Off Steam?

BB

I would also guess that the original poster may be wondering if there is any other way in which she can claim entitlement to any pension payment - e.g. if, in the meantime, rules were changed or introduced to retrospectively give people in her situation PRSI credits towards old age contributory pension benefits etc. I would recommend that she contact SW with her RSI/PPS number and enquire with them directly what she may be entitled to. And/or contact CitizensInformation or her local .

Yes Clubman I should have asked the question but I was also interested in finding out if anyone else was in this situation as most of us would now be over 50, as the rule was changed in 1973. I will look up that site

Back