For those looking to upskill in IT

mozzer

Folks,

This link might be useful for people with degrees who want to upskill in IT. Effectively there's no fees for full time post graduate qualifications. Spaces are limited however

www.bluebrick.ie

BlueBrick.ie is part of the HEA Strategic Innovation Fund project: Flexible Learning. This project represents 14 institutes of technology including DIT, and a number of other higher education course providers.

The aims of this project are to double the number of part-time and [broken link removed] students within the IOT and higher education sector. BlueBrick.ie is a central component in the realisation of this objective, providing a single location where the [broken link removed] content of the sector can be promoted.

I have been told about this course, I am very keen to gain more information, is it worthwhile, will you get a Job etc, as a construction professional with a degree working in UK, I do not want to spend the next few years living a nomadic lifestyle travelling in search of work or lving longterm in UK..I hold out little hope of Ireland providing any kind of career in construction for the next 5 to 10 years so maybe its time to jump ship and avail of the opportunity to learn and develop new skills, and who knows in a few years the skills may be transferable to construction.

Hi CCBKD,

My understanding is that there are programmes on offer and around 760 places available.

My advice would be for you to first of all look at the content of the courses to see what interests you and then to check the locations.

The job market in IT is fairly strong in Ireland at the moment, and these courses have the extra benefit of providing job placements to build up experience.

You will hold a qualification at the end and be able to apply for jobs that you would have had little or no chance securing beforehand. That said, employers do of course prefer candidates with experience.

But all in all, this may help you move closer to getting a job in the future. I think you're right in your suggestion that it may take a long time for the construction job market to pick up in Ireland.

Best of luck.

Back