For anybody with a Halifax Credit Card

Dace69

I contacted the Closing Department in Halifax yesterday & told them I was transferring to a 0% rate & just asked if they were in a position to give me a better rate first. They immediately offered 2.9% for 3 months or 6% for 6 months. Amazing how you don't get if you don't ask....

still not as good as 0%

I have no intention of moving banks but i might give them a little ring myself, like you ask if you dont ask, you dont get.

Thanks Dace,

My initial 6 months intereste free period is ending soon with Halifax, so was looking at switching to another provider,but if they are offering that rate might be worth looking at

I found it interesting to read your comments. I also did this 10 months ago and asked them ( Halifax) to provide a better rate, They said they cannot offer any discount on their rates so I switched to first active @ 0% balance transfer for 9 months. They didn't seem to care less....

I got a call from MBNa asking me if i wanted to transfer any credit card debt to them at 0 per cent..I transferred 5k and had it cleared within the 6 months..then I rang them and asked them if i could transfer another 4k..they refused ,they obviously don't want anybody who can clear their debt within the offer period

I found it interesting to read your comments. I also did this 10 months ago and asked them ( Halifax) to provide a better rate, They said they cannot offer any discount on their rates so I switched to first active @ 0% balance transfer for 9 months. They didn't seem to care less....

It seems that Halifax will only offer selected customers a special rate in order to retain their custom... so do be aware of the fact that the only outcome from your call could be that your credit card account is closed!

Back