Folio taking a while to be sent

Usurper

Hi, I have just gone sale agreed on a second hand property I intend to purchase (it happened a little quicker than I expected).
Having had previous sales fall through, I want to ensure as much as I can, that this property is legally available for sale.
I know I should be leaving all this to my solicitor, but if I can find out if I am wasting my time, then I wont extend any more effort on this property.

I ordered the 5euro folio copy from landdirect.ie (PRAI), a couple of days ago, but havent recieved anything yet.
Would there be any reason for this?
The house is about 15yrs old.

Also, there seems to be two different bodies looking after folio, titles, with seperate websites.
PRAI and LandRegistry Ireland. Are they related?
The LandRegistry folio order service is down at the moment, and so I hope that that is the reason for the delay.

"I know I should be leaving all this to my solicitor"

You should. You're over thinking the process from a position of uninformed naivety.

Ask your solicitor to check if the title is registered or unregistered. It could be either.
If its a registered title, they can download the folio.

If its not a registered title, it is possible for your solicitor to do a Registry of Deeds search on landdirect.ie but its not reliable.

"I want to ensure ....that this property is legally available for sale."

That will be really apparent when the Contracts issue.

landdirect.ie comes under the umbrella of the Property Registration Authority.

LandRegistry Ireland is a commercial organisation- it is not related to the Property Registration Authority

mf

Did you order it to be emailed to you? I've ordered one recently and it was emailed in minutes. Was your bank account debited? Have you checked your junk email folder?

Did you order it to be emailed to you? I've ordered one recently and it was emailed in minutes. Was your bank account debited? Have you checked your junk email folder?
Yes, to be emailed to me. Its not in my junk mail and my bank account has been debited. I had gotten one last month and it arrived immediately.

Yes, to be emailed to me. Its not in my junk mail and my bank account has been debited. I had gotten one last month and it arrived immediately.
You might have checked it already.
I ordered mine a few weeks ago, it was emailed right away but it went into spam. Just have a look there, you never know.

Back