Fog Lights

Re. Fog lights

Westbound;
I have never had a problem with front fog lights blinding me.
I have and so have others from what I read here.
There are more serious problems on our roads than people driving with front fog lights on!
I agree, but that's what Chaplin started this thread about. Speaking of which, where is he/she?

If these lights are "fog lights" then why do the manufacturers refer to them as "driving lamps" and while in their manuals make reference to the glare caused by rear fog lamps make no such comment in respect of the "driving lamps"

I'm inclined to agree that the issue is in fact badly adjusted lights and not the lights themselves.

Re. Dazzler

I'm inclined to agree that the issue is in fact badly adjusted lights and not the lights themselves.
can fog lights be adjusted? Because it's fog lights I'm talking about, not head lights.
Anyway, westbound is right, this really isn't important.

Adjusting

Yes purple, driving lamps (as with headlamps) can be adjusted.

Re. Adjusting

Hi Dazzler,
Can they be adjusted from within the car or do you have to do it manually.
What I am getting at is if your boot is full or your fat friends are in the back can you point them down to prevent glare?

Re. Adjusting

Mine, although factory fitted, can't be adjusted from within the car but surely this makes glare an issue for the manufacturers rather than the owners.

Regardless of whether thay are "fog" or "driving" lamps we have no way of predicting weather conditions. Should we have to empty our boots or chuck out our "fat friends(?)" at the first sign of fog?

Re. Adjusting

Regardless of whether they are "fog" or "driving" lamps we have no way of predicting weather conditions. Should we have to empty our boots or chuck out our "fat friends(?)" at the first sign of fog?
Good point!
I suppose I don't mind putting up with the glare when it's foggy but why discombobulate other drivers when it's just dark?

Back