flying with an umbrella

S

sunrock

NO NOT LITERALLY
Withall the furore about baggage charges and sizes,i was wondering is it ok to take an umbrella on board.....with ryanair.

On a slightly different note, I flew from Amsterdam to Dublin last week, and while waiting for the flight, bought a silver cake cutter in the duty free shop. It was sharp and serrated, and I was doubtful that they would let me on with it, but the shop promised a refund if there were any problems. Got to the gate, and carry on had to go through x-ray machine again. The cake cutter was in one of the bags and it was picked up by the security person. I was asked what it was and explained it was a cake cutter. The didn't seen at all concerned, and let me take it on to the plane. An you can't carry on a plastic bottle of water.... go figure!

I had one coming home from Paris last year on Ryan air. Had to put it in hold could not bring it on board with me. IT was a big one not as big as a golfing umbrella but the next size down

flying with an umbrella

Shouldn't be a problem! I've flown within Europe and transatlantic recently (Ryanair included) with a (small) umbrella in my hand-luggage.

020903_1663_0003_oshs~Flying-Man-with-Umbrella-Posters.jpg

Back