Flying to Perth - Connecting in Dubai

Decani

Just wondering how it will work with duty free. Can we pick stuff up in Dublin and bring it through? Or should we wait till we get to Dubai? As far as I know there's a transfer lounge in Dubai. Does that mean we don't have to go out and come back in (from a security point of view) and that we can keep our DF (e.g. spirits, etc.) on the flight to Perth?

I would be very surprised if Dublin was cheaper than Dubai for duty free.

The current 'Liquids' ban is not global so check out the Dubai airport website to find out what the local regulations are.

Much better value to be had in Dubai Duty-Free so I'd recommend waiting to make your purchases until your there for sure and you do have full access to the Duty-Free while transiting just in case your worrying on that score.

"For flights arriving into Australia, passengers may purchase duty free liquids, aerosols and gels of a greater capacity than 100ml if they can be delivered to the boarding gate in a sealed bag with proof of purchase. They can only be collected by the passenger after proceeding through the screening point. Further, passengers may purchase liquid, aerosol and gel duty free items onboard an aircraft, but should note that in some instances these items will not be permitted to be taken through transit screening points"

There is a duty free shop in Perth Airport that you can access before immigration, saves you the hassle of carrying it from Dubai.

Do people still believe that duty free = bargain prices? even if it is a couple of euro cheaper I think I'd prefer to pay the extra and not have to carry it around the world!

Back