Fly Wheel & maybe clutch needed advice pls :(

helens

Brought car to a mechanic this morning as its been making a noise for a few weeks..
Long story short it needs a Fly wheel & mechanic said it would be best to do clutch when were going to the bother
But,& the big but is i cant afford to,& now i cant get rid of car because no-one will buy it
so my Question is can we just do the flywheel?or does doing the clutch come part & parcel/and can i get a 2nd hand fly wheel
its a 04 Mondeo diesel

Tia

The biggest part of your job will be labour.

It's cheaper to do the clutch as part of this job (if it needs replacing).

Otherwise, if the clutch goes a week after the flywheel is replaced you'll have as big a bill again.

Did you not get prices from him/her?

Hi,thanks for replying
No He didnt give me much ideas on price on parts as he would just do the work,id be getting my own parts
he said he wont know if id need a clutch untill he's strip it down when he's doing the flywheel
Priced a few places & a clutch is 300 & flywheel is 417

Try Blackchurch Motors for a quite for the job. I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer. They replaced a clutch and flywheel for me 15k ago and I am happy with the job. I replaced the DMF with a solid and the total cost was I think around €800ish all in. 2006 Mondeo. John is the boss man and looked after me v professionally.

thats sounds like a very good price clohass..i live around 1.5hrs from Dublin But id drive up & leave it with them & take a bus home for that price.il give them a buzz

Just to update..I went to a ford Dealership today & they looked at it & quoted me €1000 for the parts & labour,that was using non-ford parts,he was going to order in some Kit to do it.

Well i got the job done yesterday
i rang back the ford garage last week & said id go ahead but suddenly they bumped the price up to €1500 so i said no way
after asking round locally i got a local garage man who got me the parts in NI (we live on the Border) & did the work with a 6 mnt guarentee for €840..still alot of money but alot less thean i was expecting

Did you go for the solid flywheel conversion or did you put in a new dmf?

Back