Flushing heating system

qreus1

Hi guys, I had a plumber in to check why my rads weren't heating. He said that the system needed flushing out and he'd get back to me with a price, but I've just found out he's emigrated. Does anyone know what a reasonable price would be to have this done?

Prices seem to have come down quite a bit for power flushing. If I remember correctly most firms were quoting around the €500 mark last summer. I know a number of guys now doing the same including cleanser and inhibitor for €350

Yes was always about the €500 mark, but IMHO most I came across never did a very good job, only a few were up to the mark on flushing.

System should be drained, cleanser added and allowed circulate in the system for at least a week (up to a month) , most I came across turned up and completed flushing in one day with no previous visit. (unless they were using something like ds40, but pretty aggressive stuff!)

flushing can be done in one day if using proper machine , you can either remove a rad and connect it up to the rad valves , or you can remove the circulating pump and connect it up there . if done correctly the plumber will take a sample of the water ind add a suitable additive for the system , also adding an inhibitor when job complete.
i think what dgobs is referring to is the cowboys who arrive and drai the system add a cleanser and drain it again ,add an inhibitor and refill if then charge you for flushing your system.

Many thanks for the info guys. At least now I know what's involved which might help me avoid a 'cowboy' doing the job.

Back