Florence V Venice

npgallag

Guys,

Heading to Milan at the end of the month and have a few days off over a weekend asn was goin to go to Florence or Venice...any opinions on which would be better..?

Florence every time.

Brunelleschi's Dome, the adjacent Baptistry, the Medici family church, the Uffizi gallery, the Ponte Vechia, the Museo del Bargello and the Museo Archeologico.

There is enough in Florence to keep you returning for years!

I've been to both, and plan to return to both before I die. :)

Florence for me is a quieter beauty and redolent with history and art.
Venice, surrounded by industrial cost, is the more romantic destination - but very "touristy" in season.

From Milan you can visit Lake Garda en route as well as Padua and take a tour of Palladian Villas by riverboat.
Based on Florence, you can easily include Pisa and Siena to round out your trip to Tuscany.

Thanks guys..Florence it is methinks...
Stayed on Lake Garda before alright and loved it

I think there's something magical about Venice, particularly off-season. I went in November and it was stunning, especially when there was some fog about. Having St Marks without the hordes of tourists that you get in the high season is the major plus for me.

I think Florence is amazing too, but it's the same all year round. While obviously it is busier in the summer it's busy at all times.

I'd chose Venice.

As someone who was a tour guide in italy for a year I 'd say there is no "better" in that comparison. But for end October I'd agree with dereko - Venice out of peak season is magic. -and you can jump off the train in Verona and Padova for a couple of hours.

Back