floor tiling cost query

frances

I was handed a bill from tiler of €513 for laying large floor tiles in kitchen.. I purchased the floor tiles myself. Breakdown was €390 labour ex vat & €123 for the materials such as grout etc. Can anyone enlighten me as to the average cost of labour for this job and approx cost of materials to lay them. I dont know measurements but I would say a reasonable size kitchen. My builder employed him but too long winded to explain how I ended up in this position. I have held off paying for the moment, but feel trapped due to a deadline I must meet.

Tilers usually charge by the square meter (€10-€20 depending on the tiler) so you need to do your measurements and ask him how much per sq m he charges. Hope this helps.

Paid 300 labour for large enough hall, nearly all tiles at the edge required cutting. If ur happy with job, thats vital as iv seen some terrible professional tilers, one recently where chap cut tiles around kitchen sockets rather than unscrewing cover.

Did you not have a price in place before hand, which means you didnt get a few quotes. ?.

Back