Flights from Dublin to China

Yellow Belly

I have to travel to China on business next month- has anyone any idea on the best & cheapest air travel to China from Dublin?

You don't say where you are flying to, but a lot of flights via Amsterdam and Paris - KLM and Air France seems to be popular.

The most popular routes are via Amsterdam, Paris or London with the main European carriers or else the Chinese ones. KLM via Amsterdam is least hassle in my view, but their planes are reported to be on the lower end of the luxury scale. They get you there, that's what's important. You can also go via Frankfurt.

There are (or used to be) alternatives via the north or south - SAS via Helsinki (I think) or Etihad via Abu Dhabi (I think - their page isn't loading for me at the moment)

z

I found Lufthansa (via Franfurt) was the cheapest way to fly to Beijing (from Dublin) anyway, KLM were very reasonable too.

I flew recently with China Airlines via Amsterdam - found them great.

Booked through USIT in Dublin. Very competitive prices, worth checking out.

No affiliation.

AWL travel in Dublin are good for Asia flights

Just in case you are not aware, you need to get a Visa too.

Have a look at BA and Virgin, they have flights going from Heathrow, fairly good prices I found

No need to use a travel agent and pay their commission, flights are easily booked yourself. Best advice is to book direct with airlines and not with 3rd parties such as Orbitz, Expedia etc as that way the airline is directly responsible to you. Also try to book with one airline or at least within one alliance so that baggage is checked onwards and again there is a duty of care. Booking a budget carrier flight to make your connection in Europe is to be avoided at all costs.

At the moment great deals from KLM and Air France to both Beijing & Shanghai - around €500 including taxes (from Dublin). this is down from around €750 last autumn. More expensive to fly through heathrow and terminal 5 is so inconvenient AND if flying with BA aer lingus wont let you check your baggage right through to BEijing or Shanghai from Dublin as they dont have their codeshare with BA anymore which means you need to collect baggage in London, check in again and get to T5 on time for your connection.

For info BA still do codeshare with Aer Lingus on the LHR route, it's just EI won't put the bags through anymore in case they lose them and have to pay to return them to you!

I don't think it's a huge problem myself, pick them up on the walk to the heathrow express, 5 minutes later you're in T5. BA can be more expensive, the service is good and T5 is great though. Have a good hunt around, there are great bargains with lots of airlines at the moment. (would be a little nervous about China Airlines though!)

Enjoy China, it's a fab place..

Back