Flights Dublin to/from Sicily

Ash

We're going to a wedding in Sicily in June. Time is short for us in the summer but it appears there's only direct flights on a Wednesday and a Sunday which isn't really ideal.
Prices from Aerlingus would really stretch our budget too.

Does anyone have any ideas how best to get to and from Sicily in the summer?

Any pointers in the right direction would be most welcome.

[broken link removed]

Or Ryanair to Stansted, and from there to Palermo. Prices would depend on your dates.

Depends what part of Sicily you want to go to.

There would be no point in saving a few bob by flying to say Trapani in the west if it was going to cost you a fortune to travel to the east side.

dont worry, just get the airplane bill and a few extras and give it to the father of the bride, a Sicilian cant refuse a request on the day of his daughters wedding.

Where in Sicily is the wedding? If in the Catania region, only fly there; as to fly to Trapani with Ryan Air will leave you with a three bus tip over 8 or more hours to get where you are going.

dont worry, just get the airplane bill and a few extras and give it to the father of the bride, a Sicilian cant refuse a request on the day of his daughters wedding.

I laughed at this! Nice one, Slaphead!

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate them all.
We're looking at a few possible routes. Stansted to Palermo might be the way to go.
Have to pin down the geography a bit more before deciding.

Thanks again.

I know its Sicily but I dont think the vow of omerta applies in your case - you can actually say where the wedding takes place unless the Don has said otherwise - Is it actually Palermo?

Ryanair also fly to Trapani (on the Western tip of Sicily) from lots of places including Dublin (no idea of the frequency though) ... might be worth looking at that ... if you are looking at Ryanair connections too don't just look at Stansted .. consider other Ryanair "hubs" served from Dublin for connections.. perhaps Bergamo or Charleroi ... could be cheaper than Stansted.

As stated Siciliy is a pretty big place and Trapani and Palermo are at one end of it .. there's no point in flying there if you're actually heading to the eastern end of the island as it would be a fairly long and expensive ground journy from there to Catania, Taormina etc. (you'd probably need to hire a car as I don't think trains etc. are that much use) ... if you're heading to the Eastern end then Catania is the airport to go to .. as well as the Aer Lingus flights from Dublin you could look at Easyjet and BA from Gatwick to Catania

Back