flight changes - do I have any comeback

deebnm

Hi

I have booked flights with an american holiday travel agent.

The flight time's have changed (was meant to be flying out at 11 now its changed to 5) from the original itenerary - I'm missing a family event because of this.

The tickets are non re-fundable but does anyone know if I could argue the point that the flights times were amended and I should be entitled to a full refund???

thanks in advance to anyone's quick responce!

The tickets are non re-fundable but does anyone know if I could argue the point that the flights times were amended and I should be entitled to a full refund???
The Ts&Cs of the booking should clearly detail what happens in this event.

A similiar change occured to a family member recently and a full refund was offered (as were all the options available to them [the default was change to a flight the next day, but 3 different flights were offered and a number to discuss further options] in the e-mail detailing the change of time), but I'd guess that this varies from company to company.

Yeah have the same problem, flights changed from 5.35pm to 5.55 am.

Terms and conditions of my package holiday state that as long as the changes are within 18 hours of the original flight time that I have to accept this.

However I contacted the European Consumer Agency on the phone and was told the changes of this nature would entitle me to a refund under the Package Holiday and Trade Act 1995 but could require taking a case in the small claims court.

Back