Flight cancellations

JackBlack

Is there any comeback?

I had travel insurance booked (single trip).

Unfortunately my partner's parent passed the day we were due to fly. Our accommodation charged the first night due to late cancellation which is fair enough.

I'm not interested in pursuing it if it will be hassle but wondered whether there was anything we could get back. Thanks.

You will need to check the T&C's of your policy. At a minimum I think you would have had to advise them as soon as possible that you were not travelling which I know was obviously the last thing on your mind. In addition I think you may need to have had the insurance in place when you booked rather than when you were supposed to travel in order to claim.

In addition I think you may need to have had the insurance in place when you booked rather than when you were supposed to travel in order to claim.

The timing of purchase and effective date are more an issue for annual insurance, sounds like to OP had single-trip insurance for this specific trip.

JB, this should be covered contact the insurance company asap and they will advice the procedure to follow.

Back