Fixing Kingspan to Studded Wall

manta356

I want to fit 50mm Kingspan to the rear of the studded walls in my attic.
As the room is already plastered,I don't want to nail it, as it'll crack the plaster.
Does anyone know if there are any specific brackets or washers etc that can be used to screw the Insulation to the Studding.

if its going inside the stud you cut it to size and slot it in once it it will not come out if its to the right size.. or if its going right across the back of the stud cold bridgeing the wood screw it to it, usually it would go within the stud

I'm thinking of fixing it across the back of the Stud,with Rockwool inside the Stud.
What I'm looking for is something to keep the Wood screws from pulling in through the Kingspan.

You can get either steel or plastic washers that would give you additional support against the insulation. They are about an inch wide or put some 2*1 against the insulation and screw through the lot.

I want to fit 50mm Kingspan to the rear of the studded walls in my attic.
As the room is already plastered,I don't want to nail it, as it'll crack the plaster.
Does anyone know if there are any specific brackets or washers etc that can be used to screw the Insulation to the Studding.

Just wonder is this job done yet?
screwing and taping KP as you describe, on the cold side of the insulation package is not ideal as you are creating an impermeable barrier on the cold side, which may, depending on the rest of the structure cause condensation within the rockwool: I am assuming the kp has Aku foil thereon

Back