Fixed Lease - Can tenant break lease to move to RAS/other queries

polo1

Looking for some advise pls. Have a tenant in my property since March with a fixed term contract for a year. She is on social welfare and she tops up the rent allowance by 250 every month. Some weeks ago she contacted me to say that she is looking to move onto the RAS scheme.
I then contacted them and basically they are offering me substantially less every month for my property than what I am currently getting (less than SW even). They say that its a standard rate for all areas within the catchement for 2 bedroomed properties whether its an apartment or house and non negotiable. They have told me that if I refuse to accept RAS that the tenant will be moved to another RAS property or else she will be taken off the housing list.

So has anyone who has someone on the RAS been able to get the tenant to bridge the amount between the two?

Is the tenant and SW obliged to pay rent for the full tenure of the tenancy (1 year)?

In reality what are the chances of me getting the rent for the next 9 months of the SW and/or tenant

How long would it take to move a tenant to RAS in south dublin?

How should I handle this with my tenant.

Has anyone been able to negotiate an increase with RAS

Thnaks

As far as I am aware you will be forbidden to take any additional monies from the tennant. In effect the County Council is now your customer and your contract will be with them. If the tenant agrees to pay you extra and then doesn't you will not be able to do anything as it will have zero legal standing whereas under the current situation your lease is for the total amount including their "top up".

Back