Fitted Wardrobes

Lambchops65

Hi there,

I am looking at possibly getting fitted wardrobes in my back single and back double bedrooms. Also looking at changing 2 doors in a unit in my front double.
Im in north Kildare. Just looking for simple shaker style wardrobes.

Can anyone recommend any particular companies? I tried Bespace but they are booked up until next year :rolleyes:

Thank you,

I contacted Robeplan in Rathangan. They have 6-8 week timeframe.

I haven't ordered yet as I want to spend time deciding drawers, shelves etc, but he came to the initial consultation bang on time, discussed the options, gave advice and put no pressure on placing an order.

So when i do confirm it, I'll most likely go with him.

I would second Robeplan. They fitted a walk in wardrobe for me a couple of years ago . Very nice genuine people to deal with and did a super job. They also came back to adjust some parts of the job (mirror & shelves placement that I had specified I wanted but when they were done I changed my mind) with no bother at all.

Thank you. I had ruled them out as had wrongly assumed they only did sliderobes. I'll have a look at their site. Thanks :)

Not sure how handy you are, but I fitted IKEA wardrobes in a few of our rooms and find them great. Very reasonably priced, easy if time consuming to assemble, super customisable and look well.

A carpenter will do this for you. I recently got a carpenter to install a sliding robe in one room, fit a shaker wardrobe in another and then change doors on an existing fitted wardrobe. He got the wardrobes from the panelling centre. I don’t think you need a specific wardrobe company.

Do you really, really want fitted wardrobes?

I ended up removing them from every room in my house; they are very restrictive in how you use the space.

I'm not handy at all lol. I'm a girl with zero tools. I can change a lightbulb and a plug and put up a shelf but that's about it. :)

Do you really, really want fitted wardrobes?

I ended up removing them from every room in my house; they are very restrictive in how you use the space.
Yes, I do not have kids so don't need to give huge thought on how space is used. I also have a serious clothes shopping problem so need the wardrobes :)

I'm not handy at all lol. I'm a girl with zero tools. I can change a lightbulb and a plug and put up a shelf but that's about it. :)
Time to learn! Tools are cheap, you have a brain and the use (I trust) of all four limbs. And I second the IKEA stuff for starters.

Edit: have you thought of using just one room as a walk-in wardrobe?

Last edited:
You tube is great for showing you how to do all things DIY.
I think cleverly thought out build in wardrobes ( including interior lay out) can solve a lot of storage problems. I'd recommend you get them done professionally and you'll have them for years. Our are in almost 20 years and still like new.

Time to learn! Tools are cheap, you have a brain and the use (I trust) of all four limbs. And I second the IKEA stuff for starters.

Edit: have you thought of using just one room as a walk-in wardrobe?
haha.

I did indeed think of converting one room to a WIW and this is the dream but I am not sure if I am planning on staying in the house long term and think it is better to avoid doing this if possibly renting/sell down the road.

haha.

I did indeed think of converting one room to a WIW and this is the dream but I am not sure if I am planning on staying in the house long term and think it is better to avoid doing this if possibly renting/sell down the road.
I think you can do the walk-in in such a way that it's easily swapped back out if/when you go to sell. Take a look at the Jonaxel system from IKEA for example.

Back