Fitted Kitchen - Door Restoration

Niallymac

I have a solid beech fitted kitchen which is starting to look a little the worse for wear and tear. Rather than go to all the expense of replacing what was I'm sure a very expensive kitchen in the first place, I'd like to explore the possibility of repair and restoration.

Can anyone recommend where I might be able to get the doors sanded down and restained ?

Thanks

Are the doors in good condition?? Really a fresh coat of varnish should liven up the whole look again if not paint. I bought a second hand house with a very nice oak kitchen but it really is a bit dated (17 years old). The presses are in very good nick & the previous owners re-varnished them last Summer which freshened it all up. I've just changed the handles to nice modern ones and filled in the holes perfectly with Cuprinol filler, which you wouldn't notice at all. I might sand back the presses lightly myself and re-varnish. I had intended painting initially but I'm so sick of painting at this stage! Varnishing would be a fairly simple job to do yourself.

Thanks Ribena. My only concern with doing it myself (apart from the hard work !) is that for best finish, you really need to use a spray gun, doing it with a brush can get a bit streaky, Also, I'm sure there are people out there who can professionally sand them down better than my DIY efforts.

Back