Fis and Seperation

Me Fein

Couple seperated in last 12 months, not legally just living apart for now. Both with low income and children spend equal time with both parents. Were in receipt of Fis last year. Told this year they are not entitled to it because of marital situation. Income is still low but extra costs involved due to second home. Fis money was used to pay rent. What can they do now????????

My husband and i are seperated almost 2 years now. I'm in the process of applying for FIS for the first time. He moved out, no support for mortgage, kids etc. He lives with his parents now. I work but have no idea how im going to get on with my application either based on the fact that legally we are still married. I have applied for legal seperation through the legl aid board. Can they really refuse based on your marital situation? Thats really awful. Never realised that till i read your post. I dont feel so hopeful now.

I doubt that it is your marital situation that is causing the problem as FIS is based on rules of income/hours worked. Could it be that the partner that hs left the home was the one working over over nineteen hours a week and therefore this rules out further entyitlement to FIS by the pratner remaining in the home? What about One-parent Family Payment? Have they applied?

Back