Health Insurance First time insurance

superfuff

Hi, have signed up hoping for a bit of advice. We would like to take out health insurance for the first time and am finding navigating the different plans really difficult. Unfortunately we'll be incurring the loading (I'm 35 and my husband is 36, we also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old). Looking for the best value plans for all of us which would include semi-private in a private hospital preferably. Day to day expenses and maternity aren't important at this stage but would like cover for scans, health screening if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice - I would really appreciate it.

Hi superfuff,

Welcome to AAM.
The following 2 plans are a good starting point, including cover for public and private + Beacon hospital.

Adult Options ( add 2% for yourself and 4% for your husband onto the following prices)
1. Irish Life Kick Off Upgrade plan; price 950pa; public and private + Beacon hospital covered. There is an excess of 150 payable on admission
to any private hospital or 50 per day case in a private hospital. There is NO excess to pay in any public hospital.

2. Laya Healthcare Essential Health 300; all public, private and Beacon hi-tech hospital covered. Excess payable per private hospital admission is 300 x 2 max per person per year. Day case excess 125 per visit.

[broken link removed]

Child Options
1. Irish Life Nurture Plan; price 160 per child; public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Excess 300 payable per private hospital admission
or 75 per day case.

2. Laya Healthcare Flex 125 Explore; price 319(just pay for one child and the rest go free) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered.
Excess 125 payable on admission to private or hi-tech hospitals, day case excess 50 per visit.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Snowyb, thank you so much for this. Those plans look ideal for us - I doubt I would ever have narrowed it down myself. Much appreciated!

Back