First time filing medical receipts, AVC, WFH etc on Revenue website

world201812

Hi all,

I previously had rental income and submitted a form 11 I think via an accountant, but upon contacting revenue earlier last year they changed my status to PAYE etc.

My question is as a family we have medical receipts for 2021, also AVC’s for 2021 which we not deducted at source, and also need to input professional occupation allowance for 2021, and WFH for 2021 and 2020.

Do I need to go through an accountant to claim these back? I have everything tallied up/receipts etc, and I messaged Revenue over a week ago enquiring is it via Manage my record, PAYE Services or ROS in mygov.id I go, but no response, in fairness, I am sure they are up the walls busy.

So where do I go in mygov.id to submit? Is it straightforward process?

Any tips appreciated.

I previously filled form 11s, but it looks like my digital cert expired.

If you are classed as PAYE rather than self assessed for the relevant year(s?) then you should be able to all that via your Revenue myAccount.

Thanks Clubman, yes PAYE
I've made my way through the Revenue website and the sections where I am supposed to enter figures.
Few issues, though, it doesn't appear to save/populate as you go like the Form 11 did, as in enter, but return later and submit saved.
1) I had two employers during 2021, and it is only allowing me to 'add' to AVC figures for one employer but not the second, there isn't the flexibility to amend 'Employment gross income' to take account of second income, the system doesn't seem to allow you to have two separate employers during the year and do AVC to the one pension scheme. Bizarre.
2) I've logged in to the section where I submit WFH expenses, I can enter figures, which I've managed to pull from Bank Statements going back over the year, however, it appears they want you to enter and upload literally every receipt? Seems excessive, I have all the deductions in my bank account as in Airtricity/Broadband/Eir etc, should I upload a bank statement?
3) In personal tax credit it says, Employee Tax Credit €1,650.00, is this the standard amount?
4) Where do I add professional fees for a trade body..
I'm beginning to wonder is an accountant required...

Q3 - 1650 is the normal, full amount for the Employee tax credit, yes.

Q4 - if you are an employee, you can get a "Flat-rate expenses" tax-free allowance, depending on your occupation.

See here:

See this thread for information about receipts for Health & Remote Working expenses...

By filing an income tax return: in this instance the claim is made after the end of the relevant tax year. There is a requirement to retain back up documentation for claims made for 6 years in the event of any follow-up queries. Alternatively, where a taxpayer has uploaded supporting documentation via the Revenue Receipts Tracker, and has opted to save the information to Revenue storage, such information is prefilled to his or her tax return to assist in the completion and filing of the return. Receipts saved to Revenue storage do not need to be retained for 6 yea

In my experience contacting Revenue via the myAccount messaging feature with any queries or issues that are unclear works well.

Back