First time filing CGT as PAYE

farinha

Hi all,

I need to file CGT for the first time this year and am struggling to find out how to do it.

I've seen references to form CG1 but... I want to believe there's a better way. Do I really need to actually print it out, actually fill it in (with an actual pen), and actually mail it?

The reason I find this so absurd is that I've filed dividend income and that's as easy as completing the online form. Is CGT really that different and there's no simpler way to do it?

You can instead file a Form 11 or Form 12 income tax return for the same year and complete the CGT section of that form.

You can instead file a Form 11 or Form 12 income tax return for the same year and complete the CGT section of that form.
As PAYE, I'm guessing it's Form 12. Which is the one I file via the revenue website. Is there a section under it for CGT? And I mean the online version. I've been clicking away at the form for a while now, if there's a section for CGT it's well hidden...

As PAYE, I'm guessing it's Form 12. Which is the one I file via the revenue website. Is there a section under it for CGT? And I mean the online version. I've been clicking away at the form for a while now, if there's a section for CGT it's well hidden...
Send them a note they'll respond fairly quickly.

If it's not there, you'll have to file a CG1.

Back