First time Driver Car Insurance

suicra05

Looking for first time driver insurance for my daughter. Full License. Own car. Anybody recommend good websites or companies that offer good deals.
I am finding it hard to find a company at a reasonable price.

She/you will pay a higher premium as it's her first policy.once she gets a year or 2 NCB it might go down.
An post is worth a check but call around at least 4-5 company's and get quotes from them

If under 25, the cheapest insurance might be the ones that come with a telematics box that gets installed in the car and tracks their driving. One downside of this approach is if the insurer refuses to cover after the first year, then you have to disclose that to future insurers.

Boxymo was one of the first offering this, but it's available from a few insurers now including
123GO from 123.ie (RSA)
AIG Box clever

Also try the insurer they had named driving experience with as they may offer a discount. If you're insured with Aviva as an example, and your daughter lives at the same address as you, they'll give a multi car discount to you both.

A few insurers will allow a discount for named driving experience, but not all. They don't all allow for it on their online quote forms though so you might have to phone.

Keep in mind: some insurers don't insure cars older than a number of years (~10, 15...).
Check KennCo. With my first +10 years old car, they were the only ones offering me insurance.

Try quotedevil.ie who claim to be competitive for first time buyers, points holders, etc.

Back