First time buyer not qualifying for stamp duty relief

Eazos

Hi
I'm currently living abroad and likely to be doing so for the short - medium term. Having rented for years in Dublin, I own no property and am now finally in a financial position to buy an apartment in Dublin. However, as it will not be my principle place of residence it looks like I'll have to pay the stamp duty which will be alot of cash. At the moment, this is the only thing deterring me from buying.

Is there anyway around this?
Thanks,

Eoghan

wait till your back in ireland. no rush onto the property ladder/snake in the current climate

probably around euro 30k - which I can do without giving to the taxman especially as I will be a first time buyer and it will be my principal place of residents, just not in the short term.

I know its probably not the best time to buy at the moment, but has anyone heard of a way around this?
Thanks,
Eoghan

probably around euro 30k - which I can do without giving to the taxman especially as I will be a first time buyer and it will be my principal place of residents, just not in the short term.

I know its probably not the best time to buy at the moment, but has anyone heard of a way around this?
Thanks,
Eoghan

Wait till you come back to Ireland. That would seem the most obvious way around it to me. Since you feel it isn't the best time to buy at the moment, why are you wanting to rush in?

Back