First playing of Christmas song?

Celtwytch

Heard Do They Know it's Christmas? on Today FM this morning. Is this the first airing of a Christmas song this year? Mr Dempsey wants to think that he holds the title for playing the first one of 2008.

Nope, I heard something on the radio on Sunday afternoon..but I can't remember what it was. It prompted me to acknowledge christmas by changing my bebo skin :eek:

I played The Pouges on Nov 1 after it was requested by the bride at the wedding i wasplaying at.

Also doing 21st this Sat and client is looking for a few as well.

Oh and for charity from Nove 28th

Good Lord! At this rate, we'll soon be hearing Christmas tunes as the kiddies are heading back to school! :eek:

Sure the fires weren't even out on the bonfires ! There should be a law to ban Christmas until Dec 1st !!:p

Wasn't there something in the papers this week about the Galwegians complaining about Brown Thomas playing Christmas Music *too loud*?

yes i agree, christmas should definitley be banned til the 1st of december. i have a little 4 year old and this is his first 'proper' christmas, where he understands alot more. he wakes everyday asking 'did santa come last nite?' i explained not for a while, sure we have no tree for the presents! 4 yes FOUR houses in the estate have thier trees up since last weekend. my poor child thinks santa will never come becasue we have no tree an dits my fault because i wont put one up! :(
there should be a fine in place for those that put up trees too early, or play the songs too early!!! the 20th November is def too early to have your tree up in the house!!!

We have our Christmas Party tonight - I'm sure there'll be loads of Christmas Songs and Turkey and Wine and Dancing and Goodwill to All !!

It could be a long night. :p

We have our Christmas Party tonight - I'm sure there'll be loads of Christmas Songs and Turkey and Wine and Dancing and Goodwill to All !!

It could be a long night. :p

Good point about working for two companies.....two night out at Christmas, all expenses paid.

Bad point about working for two companies.....parties are on consecutive nights and one job expects me to work the next day :eek:

I did see an add about Christmas tree fires on bravo back in the first week of October....

Sorry dude, don't know how I didn't spot it, I did read the full thread. Anyhow it's for a good cause so no harm in giving it more "airtime" !!;)

Back