First Active e-savings account

I'm thinking of setting up an e-saving account with FA.

I have been reading this thread with interest.

However is it possible that a member of AAM with all the knowledge over the past year with FA, could summarise the do's & don'ts & appropiate steps to setting up an account, relating to online banking, money transfers,charges etc.

I understand that a regular savings account has to be opened first.

Would appreciate an "E-savings with FA for Dummies" extract notes before opening an account.

Cheers for the help

Open an account.
Always keep the balance under €15K.

Er, that's it as far as I can see.

I understand that a regular savings account has to be opened first.

This is not necessary. Information on how to open an account is on the FA website. Read through this thread and you'll get any extra information you need.

Hi guys,
I have gone of the €15,000 limit does this mean that I will be earning the lower rate of interest from now on? I rang FA and the customer service guy said that I would only be getting the lower rate of interest for the period that I went over the limit, is this true?

Thanks in advance,
Fi.

Surely the FA customer care guy knows better than any of us. I'd assume you'll go back to the higher rate as soon as you bring your balance below €15k.

hi

it says in the T&C (68.5) that you can transfer from any bank acc in the ROI and it has to be a standing order? does it have to be standing ordered? can i just transfer to eSavings from my account (AIB) as i want?

"
68.5 Lodgments can be made by transfer from any First Active account in one or more of
the Account holder’s name(s) or by regular Standing Order from any bank account in
the Republic of Ireland. Lodgments cannot be made by any other method.
"

Thought the rate on the online savings account was 5.5% (variable) for amounts of 15,000k or more? That's what I was told by staff yesterday.

Thought the rate on the online savings account was 5.5% (variable) for amounts of 15,000k or more? That's what I was told by staff yesterday.

First Active have an E-Savings account & an E-Savings plus account.

The rate on the E-Savings Plus account is 5.5% but has additional T&C's to the standard E-Savings account which you should make yourself aware of.

[broken link removed]

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but FA seem to have changed the whole structure of this account in the past couple of months.

When I got the 'e-Savings' account I was due to earn >5% interest, as long as the balance DID NOT exceed €15k. It now seems that this €15k stipulation is gone and the rate has dropped to 3.45%.

I now notice that there is a NEW 'e-Savings Plus' account which requires you to have AT LEAST €15k in the account to qualify for the 5.5% interest rate.

So therefore, it seems that I now need to change from my 'e-Savings' account to the new 'e-Savings Plus' account, in order to benefit from the >5% interest rate. Oh, of course and now instead of making sure my balance does not exceed €15k, I now need to ensure that it DOES exceed €15k.

They seem to be making it very complicated to maintain your deposits on the best rate !!!

Oh, and just to confuse matters further, there is also another type of FA account which gives 5.4% interest for regular savings. You can only put in up to €1000 per month into this one though.

Anyone else in this same situation ?

Yes, 2 types of e-savings accounts.

One gives 5.5% and the other 3.5%

Why?

First Active have an E-Savings account & an E-Savings plus account.

The rate on the E-Savings Plus account is 5.5% but has additional T&C's to the standard E-Savings account which you should make yourself aware of.

[broken link removed]
Look up.

Back