Fingal Affordable Housing scheme contradiction

zat29

Fingal county councils application form for the affordable housing scheme says the income limits for the previous tax year i.e. 2005 is €40,000 single person / €100,000 joint which puts myself and my girlfriend over the limit and thus not eligible, see here [broken link removed]

but

their website for a balbriggan development here:
[broken link removed]
contradicts this by saying: Income Limits: Single up to €55,000 / Joint €150,000 (multiplier applies).

WHICH IS IT? I'm going to phone them in the morning to find out but if anyone can shed light on this in the meantime then please do.

edit: this website also says €55,000 for single person !?! confused!
[broken link removed]
and
[broken link removed]

D

Both are correct. They are 2 different schemes. The affordable housing is the one that council loans you the money at a discounted price while for the affordable initiative, you will have to source you own loan. The price of the house is also discounted but it is circa 20k-40k higher than the affordable housing. Depending on which scheme you choose, that's the income eligibility. I hope this helps.

Yeah they are both right. One is the scheme and the other is the initiative.

can anyone answer this other contradiction? i recently got approved for property in kiltipper on the lotto system. on the applicat it said must be seperated. now i get a phone call saying i'm not eligible as i'm not a first time buyer. it had said that the exception to this was seperated etc. When i checked affordablehomes.ie it says unless divorced?!!
What happens now..do i have any leg to stand on? she asked me how much i made on the sale..it was 3 years ago and we had plenty of bills to clear up out of it..not to mention how much the seperation is actually costing!
anyone any experience of being a seperated person applying?

amofenny - sorry but while i do sympatise i think your post is off topic here - you might get a better response by posting as a seperate thread.

Just getting back to topic - if i apply to fingal for the affordable scheme then i'm put on a list and wait offers. So to apply i can click here [broken link removed] then i need to click on fingal at the bottom of the list this brings me to a page which states that i need to be on less than 40,000 p.a. !!! Where / how do i apply for the schemes which require the salary to be less than 55,000 ??? It all seems a bit illogical to me. Do i have to wait for a scheme to be advertised then apply for it? If so where are these developments listed?

Hi Zat29 even if you do that, Fingal will still reject the application due to the fact that you are not a 1st time buyer. You have never owned (jointly or not) a property on this planet and with the way things are going with technology, in space too.

I do sympathy with your situation but rules are rule.

Hi Zat29 even if you do that, Fingal will still reject the application due to the fact that you are not a 1st time buyer. You have never owned (jointly or not) a property on this planet and with the way things are going with technology, in space too.

I do sympathy with your situation but rules are rule.

eh, i think your mixing me up with the other chap above. i'm a first time buyer.

how do i find out about and apply for the schemes where income needs to be below €55,000 ??

Back