Fined for driving thru red light (not)

you say you are ALMOST certian that you did not drive through a red light!! how can you argue the fact that the garda is wrong if you dont know what colour the light was! what if a person was in the process of crossing the road while you drove through a red light??? i dont see your argument, why would a garda stop you if you didnt break a red light? i cant see how you were bullied, the garda asked for your d.o.b, i dont see that as bullying!

From these posts, I could almost swear that gianni is a guard (almost).. jumpy and easily offended. These are Not anti garda comments,people have a right to express their ideas. Thirty years ago people reacted like this whenever anybody tried to complain about the holy people or gay people . Admittedly not all garda are insufferably rude, in fact many guards I have met are courageous and pleasant at the same time. But it is the odd rotton apple like this which does more harm than good.
At this stage Im not sure how this is going to end for me. I handed in my documents today and the guard there could give no information as he was not involved - fair enough. Looks like I'll have to wait and see if sis decides to send me a fine or not.

you say you are ALMOST certian that you did not drive through a red light!! how can you argue the fact that the garda is wrong if you dont know what colour the light was! what if a person was in the process of crossing the road while you drove through a red light??? i dont see your argument, why would a garda stop you if you didnt break a red light? i cant see how you were bullied, the garda asked for your d.o.b, i dont see that as bullying!
Would you like to read a few of the posts first?

I don't want to comment on any one individual poster but I must say I'm surprised at the anti-Garda attitudes of some people.

I dont think people can be anti-Garda if they believe in society. If our house is burgled or someone is a victim of a crime they are all we have. However as their job exists for the well being of society, society also has to make sure that the job is carried out to this end. Like in all professions, being a bully does not automatically disqualify you at an interview especially as this character trait may not be apparent when applying therefore we do the best we can. If one Garda behaves impolitely there are many others who will not like this just as there are those who wont care. Thats a part of the diversity of human nature and its good and bad aspects exist in every area of employment. If someone is impolite at work and it goes against the public relations aspects, duties and responsibilities of the job then it is a good thing to be open about this and flag it. Not only is this wrong but it is bad for members of the public to become alienated from something which exists for the greater good especially when their taxes pay for it. The behaviour of one individual can influence perceptions of the whole organisation as a whole if not checked. We only have the original post to speculate about in this case.

From these posts, I could almost swear that gianni is a guard (almost).. jumpy and easily offended.

You were almost certain that the light wasn't red.
And you can almost swear I'm a 'guard'.

You're definitely wrong in one of the cases.

...But it is the odd rotton apple like this which does more harm than good.

I agree there is definitely a rotton apple in your posting...

Back