Finding REAL price of houses

Gordanus

Is there any way of finding out the real price that houses are sold for? I'm looking at houses in a specific area, and want to see what they are really being sold for so that I can make a realistic valuation on houses that I see. Surely when houses get sold the price is lodged with some official body? I don't really want to get into making offers just to see where it goes as I'm just looking while I get my finances together.

You could ring an estate agent that sells in that area (that is not selling the house you are looking at) and tell him you're a cash buyer and interested in this area. They shoudl know the going rate.

Arrange to have an EA show you houses that fit your criteria in the area you're interested in. I did this recently and found that houses could sell beteen 9k-20k lower than advertised

Last edited:
There is Web Site (for the property Trade) that has transaction prices. Not sure what its called but you do have to subscribe. Suppose a Google Search might help find it. If you are going to ask an EA for a truthful answer you might as well ask for the winners at Cheltenham next year not this week.

Back