Financing a car

txpjl

Hello,
What’s the best way to finance a car purchase (probably a used car) say that would cost Euro 20,000.
I can probably come up with up to 25% down payment.
Thanks

I know this is not what you want to hear absolute best is to buy a car for 5,000

No loan lots of choice for that money well away from the biggest cost depreciation.

Sorry

Common sense aside, just look for lowest rate personal loan.

I hear ya and agree somewhat if I just needed a car to tip around in. But I will need a car to commute from Thurles to Cork everyday (120KM ew) and feel a newer car will be more reliable, economical etc.

Thanks

A good diesel so.

[broken link removed]

Should be able to find one of these locally for around 16k

They came with a service pacck so generrally full BMW service history loads of poke great looks and miserly on juice.

4k left for a session.

Steer away from finance arranged in the garage as this is likely to be more costly over the long term..

Assuming your financial history is ok, your local bank is probably the best option. the financial regulator has a comparison here:
http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/personalloancomparison#21

Don't forget that your looking at 60,000km a year so factor in 2 things, firstly the running costs like 3 services a year and at least one set of tyres a year, not to mention fuel. Secondly whatever you buy will be effectively worthless in 2 years with 120,000km on the clock, so you don't want to be still paying finance on it at this point.

Happy driving, I've been commuting those kind of milages for the last 4 years ;-)

HTH

Back