Financial Website in Fridays ITimes called Alpha???????

mickeyg

There was an article, I think it was on last Friday's Irish Times on a financial website "alpha.......". Anyone care to fill in the dots for me.

Thanx

Re: Alpha....

I did a search for alpha on whoisireland.com and got the following perhaps one of the alphas is the one you are looking for.

Excerpted from an archive search of last Friday's IT:
One of the most interesting web-based resources is www.seekingalpha.com (alpha is a piece of financial jargon that refers to the ability to outperform a chosen target or benchmark). In its own words, this site "represents a new approach to providing financial news and analysis to investors that leverages the phenomenal growth of blogs". Essentially, this site filters the financial blogosphere for what it considers to be the best bits. SeekingAlpha edits and selects from 60 contributors to provide more "thorough and timely coverage of stocks and sectors than has previously been available in online financial journalism". Inevitably, the coverage is relevant almost exclusively to the US market, but there is analysis of China, India and Japan buried within the site. And much else besides.

Back