Dublin Financial (Investment) Adviser Recommend

Darando

I am looking for some recommendations for (preferably) an independant financial adviser regarding mainly investments and pension status.

With all the different options out there some guided advise would/might be helpful!

PMs welcome.

Hi Darando. If your still looking for an adviser I would be glad to assist you. I am a Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA) and I deal mainly with Life Assurance, pensions, savings & investments.

And are you in fact independent, that is receive absolutely zero income from any source other than client fees???

You could ask your accountant for a recommendation. LD Ferguson on here is really good on pensions, not sure about what kind of status he has as an advisor. Not sure if Dr.Debt is in this business but you could ask him. I think Marc is also in investments. T McGibney is an accountant on here who might know someone.

Nothing against new poster Pat Mackin, but I'd be exceedingly slow to use him as he's only got 2 posts.

If you do get an advisor and are unsure of that advice you've being given you can come back on here and some people might know about the particular product and whether it's suitable for you.

I use one....I must say he's my cousin, but we're not close. In West Dublin. PM me if you want details. He sorted out a pension transfer value for me, to my benefit, that one of the big 4 had messed up.

I understand where your coming from Bronte but I only joined the site yesterday which is the reason I have only two posts. If you looked at my website (address above) you can find my background information and links to my Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
I have been working for myself now for 5 Years and 10 months and before that worked previously with OCI Insurance for 2 years and New Ireland Assurance for 25 years so I have a long history in the sector.

This sounds wonderful to the average Joe. A QFA handles investments of the larger amounts. I do not believe that persons investing a large amount will use 'Facebook' as a pre cursor to guide them into an investment route.

As for non receipt of commissions from FInancial Institutions for the selling of their Financial Products, this cannot be believed. They mightn't publically display their commissions, but in the figures that the Financial Providers successfully had the Dept of Finance not make it a pre requisite for disclosure, the TER on funds operating in Ireland shows some (not all) of the commissions that are paid to middlemen.

And without personalising any issues, having 25 years of working for New Ireland cannot be used as a true and accurate guide for an investment route.
I have placed a substantial amount of posts on AAM re previous dealings with this company and they really make every effort to ensure that investors are told everything but the truth.

OP, if you're seeking advice concerning Investments from an Irish adviser, look elsewhere. Caveat Emptor.

New Ireland

they really make every effort to ensure that investors are told everything but the truth.

I really like that Mercman. :) I've one experience with them too via Mr. Bronte. Needless to say he came out at a loss, but it could have been far worse.

Back