Dublin Financial guidance (not products)

lwfh

Hi,

We are at somewhat of a crossroads. After renting for almost 15 years in Dublin, we are starting to run out of time re mortgage length the banks will offer. Also private secondary school beckons for children. Being prudent hasn’t really gotten us anywhere.

While we’re not in financial difficulty, however we would like some advice from a professional body or organisation or qualified individual. It’s a combination of financial and life choices. Our options are wide open- from remaining in Dublin, moving within Ireland or emigration. The job scene is quite positive.

Our preference would be for someone with no vested interests.

Thanks for any advice. First time poster, seems appropriate forum.

Cheers,
LWFH

I looked for someone to advise in a similar capacity last year without success. I don't think such people exist. Financial advisors are salespeople.

Try putting your full story up here. I did and was very impressed with the replies I got.

You get posters with knowledge and experience in many areas and you also benefit from the many different voices.

Perhaps the money makeover forum might be the best place.

Good luck

Lwfh.

1. Quote {being prudent hasn,t really got us anywhere}
Stop knocking yourselves you are unfair to yourselves
Havn,t you successfully avoided being trapped in a big negative equity mortgage?
Havn,t you successfully got this far with children without big debts?

I think you have done ok.

Suggest do a list of things you must get done .
See are they achievable.

Then do a wish list . See are they achievable.

If you can cover must do,s ,you have the glass more than half full.

Having watched (qualified) people , I reckon your own counsel ain,t a bad starting point?

As Creemeg says , put your queries into ABU as you get great commnts here.
Goo Luck.

Back