Finance Committee Autumn Bank Hearings

SaySomething

These dates for the bank sessions have been published by Michael McGrath here.

Bank of Ireland: September 21st
AIB: September 26th - 4 pm Committee Room 3
KBC: September 28th
Permanent TSB: September 28th
Ulster Bank: October 5th - 10 am
Central Bank: October 19th 10 am.

How to gain access to a Finance Committee session? There are several options:
1. Contact a member of the Finance Committee and ask them to sign you in.
2. Contact your local TD and ask them to sign you in.
3. Contact the Finance Committee Secretary and ask for access.

What happens when you attend a hearing?
You will have to turn off your mobile phone. You will sit at a designated area for guests to one side of the main committee room. You will not be permitted to speak and if you do, you will be asked to leave.

Is it worth attending?
In my opinion, yes. It displays how serious and interested you are in the topic. It gives you a chance to meet and chat with the committee members before/after the meeting and put your case forward. It made me feel more involved in the issues and less of a bystander.

I intend to attend the 5th of October hearing if I can reorganise my working week (I'm an Ulster Bank affected customer).

Last edited by a moderator:
Bank of Ireland hearing is this week. If you have questions you want raised, prob best to get in touch with the committee today.

I have emailed [email protected] regarding the Bank of Ireland appearance before the committee this Thursday. I suggest anyone else who is affected by the lack of redress/compensation and the inability of the bank to provide a timescale for the same, contact the members of the committee. I got a response from John who assured me that he would raise my concerns. The more affected customers that contact the committee the better. The bank have to be held to account for the manner in which they are treating their customers.

I have just emailed him too, regarding the PTSB hearing.

SS

I see that they are meeting at 9.45 today. Is it with KBC?

Where did you get the information? I can't find it anywhere on the Oireachtas website.

Brendan

John McGuinness has just stated that his meetings are adjourned until Thursday 5th of October at 9.30am. I think it's fair to assume that is the time of the Ulster Bank hearing.

Hope Ulster Bank get a good grilling on Thursday and that some posters can attend.

Any local posters TDs or Senators on Finance Committee need to be contacted with appropriate questions. Attendance from members for other Banks has been mixed.

Only opportunity we have to highlight and get some answers.

Back