Finally my internet sync speeds are increased

Sn@kebite

I've been waiting for this for a while. Now I got a 3mb connection. :)

Anyone else get there speed increase yet?

1744 down 135 up with speedtest.net with BT in ashbourne. Im on a 2mb so doesnt look like any difference.

I just got upgraded to a 10MB line with UPC - for free...
Getting about 8900 Down and 1300 Up :)

Happy days

Yep €30 a month - Just got a free upgrade from a 3 MB line
UPC have restored my faith in the company :)

Interesting. Must check if it's available in my area. Their basic TV + broadband + phone bundle for €44 p.m. would definitely be of interest to me.

Yep €30 a month - Just got a free upgrade from a 3 MB line
UPC have restored my faith in the company :)

Just found out I can upgrade from 1 mb to 3 mb for free with upc. Had to order upgrade online. Anyone know how long it will take for upc to implement this?

Great if it works.. also those already on higher speeds get free upgrades(some automatic others you have to order).. Well worth anyone with upc to check it out!!

I'm on 20MB with UPC speed test last night showed 17 MB down and 1.34 up roughly.

Gone from 6 to 20 in the last 6 months.

40 bob a month. as compared to Eircoms offering of insisting on phone bundle plus line rental plus BB.

Eircom need to get there act together at least in Dublin

This may be a silly question but...when you order the upgrade online, there's a box you need to tick to enter in to another 12 month contract. I can't seem to find it on their website but does this just mean that you are entering into another 12 month contract for their broadband only? My TV is also with them but due for renewal in October and I'd rather get Sky for the TV then so just wondering.

I upgraded on the phone and it was instant - I just had to turn the modem off/on.
There was no mention of a further 12 month contract.
If they try that stunt i'll have some choice words with them....

2595 down 323 up with Eircom

Can I ask what bundle you have with eircom? Is it the 2mb package or do you have something different?

I have the 2mb and I think I'm still getting speeds in the 1.25-1.75 range. Not terrible but not exactly flying either.

Did you have to do anything to get higher speed?

I know I can get upc and I'm starting to get tempted now there is such a gulf in speed. It's just I worry about what will happen when anything goes wrong :(

Cheers.

I have to say that since UPC took over things have improved a lot.
No more long waits on the phone and you talk to people who know what they are on about.
They have done a lot IMO.

I got an email on Friday from BT saying that their proposed roll out schedule for upgrading speeds had been delayed by the wholesaler of the local loop (I presume that this is Eircom?) and it would be September before my speed would increase.

Interesting. Must check if it's available in my area. Their basic TV + broadband + phone bundle for €44 p.m. would definitely be of interest to me.

Do not rely on the UPC website for correct information.
It told me Glasnevin was covered for phone, tv and broadband, but when I rang up to order, it was not.

I suppose they did at least answer my call, which is better than when they were ntl!

Back